I have always loved a good party. Not just fun but well decorated. As I have gotten older it has become more and more of a hobby for me.
I am thrilled that my brother got engaged and had the BEST time decorating their engagement party last weekend.
Here are a few party tips I have learned over the year:
- The Dollar Store is your BEST friend.
- I purchased frames, bins, trays so that the serving table would match and some balloons there.
- Balloons are the perfect touch- the huge ring balloons are from Amazon. They are more expensive than most but they were too cute to pass up. I took them to the grocery store to blow up because it is cheaper than Zurchers.
- Pictures are a reusable item- more is better!
- I love to print tons of pictures. Even if I did not use them all I knew I could give them to Tyler & Tayja to save for future parties or just to look at on a rainy day.
- I used some frames from around my house as well as some I bought from Walmart / Dollar store. I am a sucker for a nice frame but these worked out perfect and went with my color scheme.
- Amazon & Etsy can make any vision become your reality. (If you are willing to put in the time to search & search haha)
- The Tyler & Tayja wooden sign is my favorite. I swear I almost cried when I got that. I slapped some Shiny Golden paint and bam it was a statement piece.
Also, don’t forget to take pictures of everyone & everything at any party. It makes the memories last.